Could You Have Termites?
Could you have termites? Everyone loves spring…especially termites. Yup, it’s that time of year when termites swarm. As you know, termites can cause serious damage to your home. Out of the many pests that make themselves at home in your home, termites can be some of the most damaging. Termites are responsible for nearly $2 billion of damage across the US and the damage is not covered by most home insurance policies. Don’t fall victim to their game…start now on your fight to protect your home against termites.
How to identify termites
- Look for a swarm of winged insects in and around your home. Termites can also be found moving quickly along the ground.
- Termites look a lot like flying ants although ants have one pair of wings smaller than the other, all four wings are the same size on termites.
- Termites breed in places of moisture such as concrete, wood and other hard-to-get-to places.
- Cracked or bubbling paint
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped
- Mud tubes. These tubes are used to reach the wood that the termites are feeding on. Check basement and crawl spaces for these pencil width tunnels.
- Discarded wings from swarmers
Call Northwest Exterminating TODAY for a free termite inspection and start protecting your home from the pesky little pests. Visit Northwest online at www.callnorthwest.com or call them at 770-293-2700.